Weekend Cook – ‘Namgis Treatment Centre (NTC)
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, managing, and preparing meals, operating the kitchen and supporting clients residing at the ‘Namgis Treatment Centre during shift hours. All work and practice must meet Community Care Licensing Standards and health regulations.
Regular shift hours are Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm, with one-hour lunch break.
- Prepares and cooks three well-balanced meals a day including snacks, pastry items and desserts where appropriate.
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen, equipment, storeroom, and facilities.
- Communicates with Head Cook with regard to food menu and supply orders
- Participates in other Treatment Centre activities, duties and training programs as required. Works cooperatively as a member of the Treatment team and attends meetings and supervisory sessions as required.
- Maintains Confidentiality
- Has a self-care personal wellness plan.
- Participates in all aspects of Accreditation Canada as pertains to NTC
- Schedules meetings with Weekend and Casual Cooks to review and update duties.
- Client and staff safety is a priority in the Treatment Centre, and the cook will identify and address all unsafe situations or practices witnessed or assessed while an employee of NTC.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of Grade 12 education, supplemented by vocational or other course work in cooking.
- Food Safe Certificate and first aid
- Experience in institutional or commercial cooking.
- A valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License
Please submit a covering letter and resume to:
Opened Till Filled