OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We are accepting applications for the full-time position of Referrals Officer at ‘Namgis First Nation. Reporting to the Natural Resources Director, the Referrals Officer is primarily responsible for coordinating ‘Namgis land and resource referrals and responses that come to the nation and have potential to infringe on ‘Namgis Title & Rights from the resulting development.
- Positively represent ‘Namgis to members and the outside world in all activities
- Development and active maintenance of referral processes that assess the positive and negative impacts of land alienation and/or economic development projects located within ‘Namgis Territory.
- Writing consultation/engagement letters in response to referrals
- To perform office planning and data management activities relating to identified stewardship activities.
- Coordinating research regarding referrals, and working closely with NFN staff and advisors to analyze impacts and track, review and respond to referrals, and projects
- Development of policies that assist ‘Namgis to effectively manage marine, forestry, water, mineral, wildlife, and other natural resources.
- Research, preparation and regular update of territorial, sub-territorial, and community land/water use plans for ‘Namgis Territory.
- Reporting out to ‘Namgis Administration and Council about the status of referrals and activities in the Territory.
- Other related duties and projects as may be required from time to
- Two-years’ experience in natural resources management OR A Minimum 3 years of professional experience in negotiations, referrals, land management or similar
- A strong understanding of legislation governing resource development in British Columbia
- Knowledge of ‘Namgis culture
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office 365
- Familiarity with land use legislation and related processes
- Familiarity with environmental impact assessment legislation and processes
- Background in working with First Nations and a strong understanding of Aboriginal Rights & Title
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence
You may submit your cover letter and resume by to: email@example.com,
by mail to Natural Resources Director, ‘Namgis First Nation, PO Box 210, Alert Bay BC, V0N 1A0
or in person at the band office to the attention of Natural Resources Director at 49 Atli Street, Alert Bay, BC V0N 1A0