We are looking for a driven, energetic, and focused individual to join our team at Atli Chip Limited Partnership. Reporting to the General Manager, our Log Loader Operator will perform a wide variety of tasks. The ideal candidate must be safety focused, highly organized, possess effective oral communication skills, and be able to work with limited supervision while performing their duties. Perform preventative maintenance processes that pertain to optimum mechanical performance of our Facility including, but not limited to:
- Safe work practices, ethics & standards.
- Must be reliable, hardworking and safety oriented.
- Operating as directed by Supervisor or Operations Manager;
- Operating equipment in competent and responsible manner;
- Maintaining equipment as required;
- Repairing equipment as required;
- Following Safe Work Procedures;
- Weigh scale inbound/outbound logging/bin trucks when required.
- Daily pre-trip inspections, maintenance/greasing of your machine.
- Unload trucks and keeping the piles/yard organized.
- Processing the logs with the grapple saw.
- Do minor repairs/changing hoses etc.
- Maintaining, sharpening, & building the Saw Chains for the grapple saws.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience operating a hydraulic log loader.
- Physically able to complete the tasks required for the job.
- Experience with basic machine service, refueling, and diagnostics.
- Have reliable source of transportation.
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever is needed.
- Knowledge of the forest industry.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Knowledge and experience with a scale system is considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: TBD (40/Hrs. Week)
Wage: $33 per hour, plus advancement opportunities.
After Probationary Period (60 working days), the company offers an Extended Medical & Dental Benefits plan and training. Please send resume with references and any current tickets/certificates to Office@atlichip.com or Fax 250-928-3152