Call for Members – Lands Management Advisory Committee (LMAC)
December 16, 2019 (Edited Jan 30th, 2020)
The ‘Namgis First Nation is currently accepting letters of interest from its members to be appointed to the Lands Management Advisory Committee (LMAC). The LMAC supports the inclusion of community members within Land Code processes and maintains an important advisory role to Council and lands staff.
As per Section 37 of the Land Code, eligibility for the LMAC includes:
- Any ‘Namgis First Nation Eligible Voter (19 years of age or older), except for the following:
- An individual who has been convicted of a criminal offence under the Criminal Code of Canada or the Narcotic Control Act of Canada for a period of five years after the conviction date.
- An individual who has any undischarged bankruptcy or is not in good standing or in breach of an agreement with ‘Namgis related to monies owing or another obligation owed to ‘Namgis.
- ‘Namgis staff, or a consultant (or both), are also eligible for appointment
Responsibilities of the LMAC include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting and advising the Land Code staff and Council on matters pertaining to ‘Namgis reserve lands, including the development of Laws, developing the lands administration system, community engagement processes, and other consultations as needed under the Land Code.
- As this is the first sitting LMAC, members will also establish internal rules & procedures for meetings and general affairs
Please submit your letter of interest no later than 11:59pm on February 21, 2020 to:
Megan Whonnock, Land Code Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
49 Atli St, PO Box 210, Alert Bay, BC V0N 1A0.
Questions or requests for a copy of the Land Code can be sent to email@example.com or by phone at 250-974-5556