K’wak’walat’si Child & Family Services is looking to hire a highly motivated and reliable individual to create programs that meet the needs of youth 13-18 years old 35 hours/week.
The Youth Coordinator will be responsible for creating consistent programs for youth with a strong focus on connection to culture, land, language, and nurturing spirit, identity, and a strong sense of belonging.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Grade 12 or equivalent; diploma or degree in Human Services would be an asset
- Naloxone, First Aid Certificate, Food Safe, and Suicide-intervention training are preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Criminal Record Check
- Ability and desire to collaborate with team members and community partners
- Approach practice with a trauma-informed lens
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and organize complex details
Unusual Job Features:
- Irregular work hours which may include overnight, weekends, and statutory holidays
If you are interested, pleases submit your resume and covering letter to the ‘Namgis Band Office at #49 Atli Rd. or by email to email@example.com
This position will remain open until filled.
Only those short listed will be contacted.