If you are seeking change of pace with your social work practice and a change in lifestyle, this is your opportunity to fulfill those needs by living and working in an idyllic community situated off the northeast coast of Vancouver Island. With lower caseloads you will have opportunities to effect change with families while experiencing less stress, more culture and a fulfilling career. If you are this person, we would like you to be part of a collaborative, committed team that develops and maintains relationships with clients, community and other stakeholders with the goal of keeping children out of ministry care and in care in their communities. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Summary: The K’wak’walat’si Child and Family Services team is a Delegated C3 program under the ‘Namgis Community Services department. We offer programs that support and maintain families through infant/early childhood development, early learning, youth/family support, income assistance, daycare and Head Start programs, legal support services, victim services, domestic wellness and youth justice. We work alongside our child welfare program with a focus based upon prevention, ongoing support, advocacy, contracting family preservation homes, and working with MCFD to facilitate and ensure child protection.
- Parent/child/family counselling, intervention, advocacy, referrals
- Individual support and referrals
- Vetting, selecting and supporting family preservation homes
- Development and implementation of individual/family support plans
- Maintaining ICM case records
- Working with other ‘Namgis departments around the design and delivery of workshops targeting parenting, family wellness, trauma, addictions, poverty, special needs, etc.
- Partnering with other service providers on Cormorant Island and North Vancouver Island
- Preserving the identity and culture of the children
- Following agency protocols and standards pertaining to our delegation and provincial legislation
- Maintain effective working relationships with MCFD, RCMP, Health Centre and our three schools
- Bachelor Social Work or an equivalent amount of education and experience
- 2 years’ related experience in a child welfare or delegated agency
Other Job Requirements:
- The successful candidate will be required to use their own personal vehicle for transportation and a valid drivers’ licence
- Overtime and on -call work in the evenings and weekends as may be required from time-to-time
- Employment is subject to satisfactory employment references and criminal record check
If this position interests you, please submit a covering letter and resume to: email@example.com, or, Human Resources, ‘Namgis First Nation, PO Box 210, Alert Bay, BC, V0N 1A0
This position will remain open until filled