One to One Supported Child Care Worker
‘Namgis Community Services is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual to provide one to one support for a child, who has been identified as demonstrating a developmental delay, physical, mental or behavioural challenge, or who has exceptional health care needs for fifty-five (55) hours a month at the Amlilas Daycare.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of local support services
- Good communication skills with the ability to motivate and encourage both children and parents
- Able to work effectively as a team member as well as independently
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Pleasant and personable
- Experience with report writing
- First Aid
- Criminal Record Check
- Minimum Grade 12
- Early Childhood Education Certificate Preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children and good knowledge of child development
Unusual Job Features:
- Ongoing employment is contingent on children being identified and funded by the Supported Child Development Program
- This is a contract position that will be paid at a rate of $17/hour.
- Occasional stressful situations
- Hours can be increased or decreased and/or schedule can change with little notice, based on funding from the Supported Child Development
If you are interested, please submit your resume and covering letter by Tuesday November 22, 2021, to the ‘Namgis Band Office at #49 Atli or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those short listed will be contacted.