Night Attendant – ‘Namgis Treatment Centre
Job Summary: This is a part-time position (30 hours per week) that reports to the ‘Namgis Treatment Centre Manager. Primary job responsibilities are to ensure the Centre is secure after regular hours and to monitor the after-hour activities of clients ensuring their and building safety. Rotating shift hours are from 5:00 pm to 12:30 am and 12:30 am to 8:00 am (4 days on, 2 days off), including weekends.
- Ensuring that all clients are in before curfew
- Ensuring that TV and lights are off, and clients settled as per House Guidelines
- Responding to and addressing minor disturbances and to ensure on-call staff are contacted immediately to respond to any major crisis situations
- Recording all activities/incidents that are contrary to house guidelines
- Making hourly checks throughout the building to ensure the safety and security of clients
- Ensuring that all doors and windows are locked at curfew
- Being alerted to responding to clients under the influence of or in possession of drugs or alcohol and reporting to the appropriate staff member and/or authorities as necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of all clients
- Ensuring that house rules are followed and/or adhered to
- Being accessible and available to clients who may experience sleep or other disturbances and providing support as necessary
- Performing minor kitchen duties as required
- Other related duties as may be required from time to time.
- Previous experience as a Night Attendant, preferably in a First Nation environment
- Support for and committed to healthy, alcohol, drug free lifestyle
- Satisfactory criminal record check and vulnerable sector search
- Valid BC driver’s license and/or First Aid is an asset
You may submit a covering letter and resume by the application to: email@example.com or by hand to the Band Office at 49 Atli Street.
Deadline May 13, 2022