Job Summary: Reporting to the ‘Namgis First Nation Treatment Centre Manager, the Alcohol and Drug Counsellor provides addictions counselling services and healing programs for First Nations clients, individually and in groups, at the ‘Namgis Treatment Centre in Alert Bay.
- Direct client treatment planning and counselling
- Group facilitation
- Life skills coaching
- Crisis intervention and referral, including crisis line response
- Case file management
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Valid addictions counselling certification, or equivalency
- Trauma related training including grief and loss, conflict resolution, etc.
- Member in good standing with a recognized counselling association
- A minimum 2 years’ related experience, preferably in a First Nations environment
- Pharmacology (medical aspects), withdrawal management
- Twelve Steps of Recovery
- Relapse Prevention
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated competency with basic computer skills
- Drug and alcohol-free lifestyle
- Basic First Aid certification and valid drivers’ licence is preferred
The successful candidate must undergo a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search with satisfactory results.
If interested you may submit a covering letter and resume by October 23, 2020 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Human Resources, ‘Namgis First Nation, PO Box 210, Alert Bay, BC, V0N 1A0
(Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted)