CULTURALLY MODIFIED TREE (CMT) CREW MEMBER
Position Summary: To participate in forest surveys to identify evidence of past and current aboriginal presence and use of forest resources.
Reports to: Forester/Senior lands and Resources Officer
- To traverse forested areas while observing for archaeological evidence
- To measure and record information about identified features following standardized procedures
- To assist professional archaeologist in subsurface assessments
- To participate in related information management in an office setting
- To participate in combined stewardship technician activities as required
- To follow the direction of the crew leader
- To complete related training as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with use of compass and GPS
- Familiarity with reading and understanding forestry field maps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Safety awareness in a wilderness forest setting
- Familiarity with standard resource road mobile radio communication protocols
- Physically able to participate in forest surveys in all types of weather and terrain
- RISC CMT / Cultural Heritage Resources Certification or NFN Cultural Awareness Training
- Class 5 Drivers’ licence preferred
- Valid First Aid
To apply please submit your covering letter and resume to: Geza.Vamos@namgis.bc.ca,
or by mail to: Geza Vamos, Natural Resources, ‘Namgis First Nation, PO Box 210, Alert Bay, BC V0N 1A0.
Posting will remain open until filled.