K’wak’walat’si Child & Family Services is looking to hire a highly motivated and reliable individual to create programs that meet the cultural needs of the community, as well as children and youth in care across the province. The Cultural Coordinator will create family trees, sourcing and assembling cultural bags for different age groups, completing cultural safety agreements, and organizing events that honour local protocols and traditions.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Grade 12 or equivalent; diploma or degree in Human Services would be an asset
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Comprehensive knowledge of the history and culture of the ‘Namgis people
- Ability and desire to collaborate with team members and community partners
- Approach practice with a trauma-informed lens
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and organize complex details
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, and adapt to change
Unusual Job Features:
- Irregular work hours which may include overnight, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Regular travel off Island
If you are interested, please submit your resume and covering letter to the ‘Namgis Band Office at #49 Atli Rd. or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until filled.
Only those short listed will be contacted.