Job Summary: 1 year Term position starting in May 2022, reporting to the IT Manager, the Computer Technician Trainee will be provided with a combination of theoretical and hands-on training for performing computer related technical activities and providing support to ‘Namgis First Nation departments and staff.
- Participate in related training in:
- basic computer setup of PC workstations as well as mobile devices ie laptops, cellular telephones
- Office 365 – administrative skills for Exchange on-line,
- Managing Google in an educational environment
- Providing technical support by phone or email and helpdesk
- Install software/hardware, including upgrades
- Troubleshooting a variety of computer related issues
- Other related duties as may be required.
- Grade 12 or equivalent is preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Related knowledge and/or experience with computer software/hardware
- Valid drivers’ license is required.
- Physically capable of some light lifting, moving, carrying of equipment and furniture, and working in tight spaces from time to time.
- Acceptable communication skills, verbal and written
- Satisfactory criminal record check
If interested, please submit your covering letter and resume (open until filled) to:
Namgis First Nation, PO Box 210, Alert Bay, BC V0N 1A0, or
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.