Amlilas Daycare Child Care Worker
‘Namgis Community Services is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual to work with the Early Childhood Development team to provide a safe, nurturing environment for children to experience social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and cultural growth. This position is 20 hours per week Monday to Friday.
- Plan, implement, and document daily activities that enhance the physical, emotional, intellectual, cultural, and social needs of children 2 1/2 to 6 years old
- Follow a daily schedule that includes indoor/outdoor, active/quiet, and individual/group activities.
- Supervise children inside and outside.
- Document all information regarding children’s progress in all areas of development.
- Reports on progress and behavior of children and other such issues to the supervisor.
- Work as an effective team member and be willing to provide support and share ideas.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment such as administering first aid, observing, and removing potential hazards, and adhering to the Duty to Report mandate
- Plan, prepare and serve nutritious snacks.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Attend staff meetings
- Attend workshops to increase knowledge and to keep up with current childcare trends.
- Perform any other job-related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Early Childhood Education Certificate preferred, or completion of one (1) Early Childhood Education Course
- Child Safe First Aid Certificate or equivalent
- Food Safe (preferred)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working with children under the age of six (6) years
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record check
- Physically and emotionally able to work with children (doctors’ note is required)
If you are interested, please submit your resume and covering letter by Tuesday November 22, 2021, to the ‘Namgis Band Office at #49 Atli or by email to email@example.com
Only those short listed will be contacted.