Head Cook – ‘Namgis Treatment Centre (NTC)
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, managing and preparing meals, operating the kitchen and supporting clients residing at the ‘Namgis Treatment Centre during shift hours. All work and practice must meet Community Care Licensing Standards and health regulations.
Regular shift hours are Monday to Thursday 7:00am – 5:00pm with one-hour lunch break.
- Prepares and cooks three well-balanced meals a day including snacks, pastry items and desserts where appropriate. Plan and implement 6 week rotating menus
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen, equipment, storeroom, and facilities.
- Participates in other Treatment Centre activities, duties and training programs as required. Works cooperatively as a member of the Treatment team and attends meetings and supervisory sessions as required.
- Maintains Confidentiality
- Has a self-care personal wellness plan.
- Participates in all aspects of Accreditation Canada as pertains to NTC
- Schedules meetings with Weekend and Casual Cooks to review and update duties.
- Client and staff safety is a priority in the Treatment Centre, and the cook will identify and address any and all unsafe situations or practices witnessed or assessed while an employee of NTC.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of Grade 12 education, supplemented by vocational or other course work in cooking.
- Food Safe Certificate
- Experience in institutional or commercial cooking.
- A valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License
Please submit a covering letter and resume to:
Opened Till Filled