ECAP – Energy Conservation Assistance Program
ECAP helps qualified low-income households with a personalized home energy evaluation, installation of energy saving products and personalized energy efficiency advice.
Get a free home energy evaluation, products and advice
- Personalized home energy evaluation.
- Installation of energy saving products by a qualified contractor.
- Personalized energy efficiency advice to help you create a more comfortable home for your family.
This program is available to both renters and home owners in detached houses, townhouses, duplexes and mobile homes, with the installation of energy saving products that may include:
- energy saving light bulbs
- faucet aerators for the kitchen and bathroom
- water-saving showerheads
- water heater pipe wrap
- door weatherstrip
Some homes may also qualify for:
- ENERGY STAR® refrigerator
- Wall, attic, and/or crawlspace insulation
- A high-efficiency gas furnace
Every home is different. Your evaluator will determine which energy efficiency upgrades your home is eligible for. The installation of some products may require multiple visits.
- BC Hydro, FortisBC Gas and City of New Westminster account holders
- Households in detached houses, duplexes, townhouses, mobile homes
- Annual household income below the income thresholds
Contact the Band Office (250-974-5556) or drop by for an application form.
Click here for more information.