ESSENTIAL FERRY TRAFFIC SERVICE
Additional safety measures to control the spread of the virus will be to only allow essential service personnel & vehicle traffic. The following are in this category:
- TRANSPORTATION CREW (BC FERRIES)
- PERSON WHO PROVIDES ESSENTIAL SERVICE
- ESSENTIAL MEDICAL DELIVERIES
- ESSENTIAL FOOD & GOODS DELIVERIES
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE WORKERS
- EMERGENCY RESPONDERS
- EMPLOYEES RESIDING OR WORKING OFF ISLAND
- RESIDENTS TRAVELLING FOR MEDICAL REASONS
- PERSONNEL IN SUPPORT OF COVID-19 RELIEF
A master list will be compiled to allow the individuals from the above categories to use the ferry to travel to and from the Community. Travel Authorization cards will be issued to identified essential services individuals. For others requiring authorization please contact the EOC at 250-974-5555. EOC staff will coordinate these requests.
Non-essential travelers may be prevented from returning to Cormorant Island until the State of Local Emergency is lifted.
Minimal contact measures and direct travel to and from destination while travelling must be maintained.